The mission of Peninsula Services is to provide employment opportunities and work training to adults with disabilities.
ORGANIZATION: A non-profit rehabilitation agency organized in 1971 by parents and concerned citizens for serving persons with disabilities.
ACCREDITED CERTIFICATIONS: CARF, recognized by NISH, Ability One and approved by the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) for services.
• State Department of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR)
• Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD)
• Department of Labor and Industries (L & I)
• Department of Veteran Affairs (VA)
• Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS)
HOW SERVICES ARE PROVIDED:
• Contract Services: Shelf Stocking at Naval Base Kitsap Commissaries, Servmart stores, commercial custodial contracts, grounds maintenance, packaging, retail sales, clerical, reception work.
• Job Development and Placement: local government (Kitsap Count Courthouse), Fred Meyer, Spiro’s Pizza, veterinarian offices, insurance companies, grocery stores, nurseries.
• Sites created by Peninsula Services for training: The Gift Garden store, Kitsap E-Z Earth worm farm, All Shred commercial and home document shredding service.
A Non-Profit United Way Agency
- 75% of direct labor is severely disabled
- 164 persons served during the first half of 2012
- Current Administrative expenses less than 8%